He will highlight key themes that emerge in the Stark and
Anti-Kickback regulations, will identify key definitions and
interpretive changes, will illuminate problem areas, and will suggest
guidance for navigating each of them.
Why should you Attend
Mr. Wolfe will share his insights, including practical guidance for
advising clients on complying with the current state of the law and
regulations, and lessons learned from the trenches.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Overview of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Regulations
- Requirements of the Exceptions and Safe Harbors
- Key Definitions and Interpretations
- Compliance with Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness
- The Value-Based Framework
- The Group Practice Rules
- Auditing and Monitoring Considerations
- Potential Noncompliance and Self-Disclosures
Who Will Benefit
- Health Care General Counsel
- Health Care Executives
- Health Care Compliance Professionals
- Finance and Physician Compensation Directors
Joseph Wolfe is an attorney with Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the largest health care focused law firm in the country. Mr. Wolfe provides advice and counsel to some of the nation's largest health systems, hospitals and medical groups on a variety of health care issues. He regularly counsels clients on a national basis regarding compliance-focused physician compensation and alignment strategies. He is a frequent speaker on issues related to the physician self-referral statute (Stark Law), hospital-physician transactions, physician compensation governance and health care valuation issues. Before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin, he served as a combat engineer in the United States Army.